1&1 IONOS SE
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.
Germany-wide or for our location in Karlsruhe we are looking for
Node.js Developer for SMB Product (RO) (f/m/d)
SMB Product Team's mission is to make having an online presence accessible for any busy SMB owner, by building an ecosystem of do-it-yourself services, spanning from website builder to online marketing, that our customers can use to be successful online. Customer-centricity and design-driven product work are our DNA. Our outlook is to serve and enable millions of SMB owners and individuals to build their online presence dream.
As a Node.js Developer your primary responsibility is to develop and maintain back-end services and applications, as well as enabling 3rd party services integrations into the product. You will have the opportunity to be part of and influence architectural decisions, build a cohesive ecosystem of microservices, that will ultimately provide customers with a highly scalable and highly available platform to build their dream on the web.
You work in a cross location environment as part of the SMB Product development which is mainly based in Bucharest, Romania.
- Build micro-services and applications in Node.js that run in a Container-based infrastructure
- Write unit and integration tests
- Work directly with Architects and DevOps to shape up the product, platform and infrastructure
- Be a part of a larger multi-disciplinary team, working directly with Architects, DevOps, Developers, QA Engineers, UX and Product Owner
- Participate & contribute in the team’s Scrum process
- Conduct Code Reviews
- Demo your work to peers and stakeholders
- Manage your own time and successfully work unsupervised while keeping team collaboration alive
- Participate for OnCall duty
- Be available for occasional travel to Germany
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Relevant experience working with Software Development teams, having launched a product or service to the market
- Solid understanding and practical experience working with Container Technologies and Managed Platforms, having built products that are based on micro-services
- Solid experience with Node.js web frameworks (E.g.: Express.js, Hapi, Fastifyi)
- Hands-on experience or good understanding of document-based and relational databases (E.g.: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Experience with event-messaging (E.g.: RabbitMQ, Redis)
- Experience with Wordpress development is a plus (Wordpress REST APIs, Plugin Development, Gutenberg Blocks)
- Experience with Typescript is a plus
- gRPC is a plus
- GraphQL is a plus
- S3 Object Storage or S3-compatible APIs is a plus
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 2000 employees in 12 countries are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our eight million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
If you are interest in this job offer please apply via online application form.